[pgpool-general: 4354] Re: Watchdog

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Fri Jan 22 20:09:32 JST 2016

On Friday 22 January 2016 10:44:11 Steven Livingstone wrote:
> Hi. Does anyone have instructions on how to set up PGPool with Watchdog in
> the latest versions of PGPool?
>
> I have two instances of PGPool configured in separate Docker containers and
> when I start them I get  ....
>
> LOG:   pid 35: pool_config: backend_socket_dir is deprecated, please use
> backend_hostname
> LOG:   pid 35: wd_chk_setuid all commands have setuid bit
> LOG:   pid 35: watchdog might call network commands which using setuid bit.
>
> However, it does not start and provides no other log output.
>
> If I try via the web interface I get:
>
> pgpool start failed. pgpool.pid not found

You should be able to get watchdog working fairly easily following this guide
:

http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/watchdog_master_slave/en.html

For debugging, run pgpool -d to see what is happening.

If I remember correctly, pgpool tries to read status file and bind to network
socket shortly after checking setuid, so maybe permission problems ?

Regards,
Piotr