[pgpool-general: 4351] Watchdog

Steven Livingstone steven at livz.org
Fri Jan 22 19:44:11 JST 2016

Hi. Does anyone have instructions on how to set up PGPool with Watchdog in
the latest versions of PGPool?

I have two instances of PGPool configured in separate Docker containers and
when I start them I get  ....

LOG:   pid 35: pool_config: backend_socket_dir is deprecated, please use
backend_hostname
LOG:   pid 35: wd_chk_setuid all commands have setuid bit
LOG:   pid 35: watchdog might call network commands which using setuid bit.

However, it does not start and provides no other log output.

If I try via the web interface I get:

pgpool start failed. pgpool.pid not found

I have been trying for a couple of hours but don't actually know where to
go from here.

If there is a better way to manage PGPool in HA then please let me know.
Everything is now working but I cannot get this part.

TIA.
steven