[pgpool-general: 4349] having trouble installing online_recovery.

kiet.h.lieng kiet.h.lieng at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:07:36 JST 2016

Hi all.
I’m trying to get online recovery to work properly and running into issues when installing online_recovery feature for postgres database.

I’m following this http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html <http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html>.

The installation went fin with Make and Make install.

But I get the following errors when trying to create the function on one of the postgres servers.

--------------------
psql -f pgpool-recovery.sql -U postgres template1
psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:4: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:9: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:14: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory
psql:pgpool-recovery.sql:19: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pgpool-recovery": No such file or directory

>1. http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-June/000631.html <http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-June/000631.html> -     "We were able to solve our problem by placing the pgpool-regclass.so where the postgresql backend was expecting it.”

I have no idea where posthgres is expecting it to be.  I copied the .so files to the postgres directories, restarted.  It didn’t seem to work.

> 2. http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-December/001255.html <http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/pgpool-general/2012-December/001255.html>

This one says to install it into postgres and restart.  (possible future routes but I’m hoping I don’t have to do this).

Thanks for your time and patience.