[pgpool-general: 4338] pgpool wd doesn't recognize the primary node

Drako Kotipelto drakoflames at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:18:00 JST 2016

Hi everybody

I've deployed a cluster with 3 nodes, 1 Master and 2 standby in cascade streaming replication. Like this Master->Standby->Standby

I want configure pgpool in watchdog to a virtual IP and repmgr for failover manager. I've disabled the load balancing, health check, only configured the parameter for MASTER/SLAVE mode in the streaming replication.

When I start the pgpool wd and review nodes of the cluster, I see this:

postgres=# SHOW pool_nodes;
 node_id | hostname | port | status | lb_weight |  role
 0       | nodoa    | 5432 | 2      | 0.333333  | standby
 1       | nodob    | 5432 | 2      | 0.333333  | standby
 2       | nodoc    | 5432 | 2      | 0.333333  | standby
(3 rows)

My Master node is nodoa, but pgpool recognized the node like standby. Why the pgpool not recognize the primary node? I worry that in the failover, pgpool send the sql to a slave node and not send it to new master node.

Best Regards!
Drako Rod