[pgpool-general: 4317] Re: Very slow write performance on write queries only

the Rat therat at abv.bg
Sun Jan 10 19:02:11 JST 2016

Thanks for your answer. We have to test it on some test environment first as the production is used. Perhaps not a good idea to go with a beta for prod.
 Any idea how to optimize the 3.4.3 with settings so it performs better with the extended protocol?

 queries only

 >До: therat at abv.bg

 >Изпратено на: 08.01.2016 00:52

Assuming that you do not run out CPU on the machine where pgpool is

running on, extended protocol (which is mainly used in Java

applications) is slow with pgpool-II. Upcoming 3.5 will enhance this

area. The 3.5 beta is already out, and you could try it out if you

like.

English:  http://www.sraoss.co.jp/index_en.php

Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

>    Hello,

>   We're experiencing very slow write performance while using pgpool with 3 backend postgres nodes. We noticed it now that we have an import job running trough tomcat that imports millions of rows in the database using insert and update statements.

>   When running without pgpool the time for completion of the import is literally 10 times less. (e.g 20 minutes instead of more than 3 hours).  I know there is some overhead, but it's cited to be around 20%.

>   Could someone please assist in tuning the write performance of the installation.

>   Latest stable version of pgpool 3.4.3-1

>   Here is the config:

[snip because of a too long line]