[pgpool-general: 4309] Re: Pgpool - connection hangs in DISCARD ALL

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Fri Jan 8 15:32:36 JST 2016

> On 07.01.2016 22:32, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> I heard similar reports but problem for developers is, nobody knows
>> how to reproduce the hang (a stack trace after the hang is not very
>> helpful).
>>

> Yes, there were already 2? on the list.
>
> I can reproduce it randomly in about one day. I think stack traces
> should be sufficient when e.g. debug code has been added.

No. That's just a consequence of many problems including this one.

> How to track the bug down?
> Debug code?
> Enhanced logging?

A debug logging would be helpful (start pgpool with -d option) but it
will consume huge disk space if you want to save all off them. Is it
possible to keep only last 30 minues debug logs before the problem
occurs? I guess even 10 minutes is enough to know the cause of the
problem.