[pgpool-general: 4467] Re: Multiple pgpool on the same cluster

James Sewell james.sewell at lisasoft.com
Thu Feb 18 07:00:15 JST 2016

Hey Tatsuo,

I've used HAProxy in this configuration successfully.

Obviously it doesn't know anything about load balancing write SQL to the
master - but as far as load balancing read queries it works well (as long
as you enforce session stickiness).

We actually use HAProxy, in front of PGPool, in front of a PostgreSQL HA
cluster at some sites. This works well.

Cheers,

James Sewell,
PostgreSQL Team Lead / Solutions Architect
______________________________________

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000  *W* www.lisasoft.com  *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:02 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:

> > On 02/17/2016 09:25 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >> BTW, I personally have no experience with HAProxy, one of my customers
> >> told me that he had bad experience with HAProxy and that was one of
> >> his reasons he decided to migrate to pgpool-II (single instance).
> >
> > FWIW, one of my clients successfully used HAProxy to Load Balance
> > across Tomcat's.  Their system had a bit of demand during certain
> > periods.
>
> Well, Tomcat is totally different from PostgreSQL or pgpool-II. My
> customer used HAProxy in front of PostgreSQL. He expected HAProxy
> properly handles the case when PostgreSQL goes down but HAProxy hangs
> when it actually happens.
>
> Best regards,
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or
professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this
email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this
communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or
otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your
incorrect receipt of this correspondence.