[pgpool-general: 4450] pcp_node_count asking for password even when supplied by a parameter

Avi Weinberg AviW at gilat.com
Mon Feb 15 23:20:03 JST 2016

Hi Experts,

I'm a new user of pgpool and have a few probably basic questions

  I installed one machine with pgpool 3.5 and two machines with postgres 9.5.

1)      I'm trying to run from the command line the pcp function pcp_node_count and to send the arguments (including user and password).  For some reason it ignores my parameters and ask for password.  Once I give the password I get the result.  When I experimented with a previous version of postgres 9.4 and pgpool 3.4 I did not have this problem.  What did I do wrong?

pcp_node_count: Warning: extra command-line argument "10" ignored
pcp_node_count: Warning: extra command-line argument "127.0.0.1" ignored
pcp_node_count: Warning: extra command-line argument "9898" ignored
pcp_node_count: Warning: extra command-line argument "postgres" ignored
pcp_node_count: Warning: extra command-line argument "admin" ignored

2)      Do I need to install postgres on the pgpool machine?  (If I want to add the pgpool_adm extension to be able to get the status from the database )

3)      Do I need to install pgpool on the postgres machines If want to have automatic recovery?

Thanks

Avi