[pgpool-general: 4425] Re: watchdog - how to determine active / stanby states for each pgpool node

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at silverorange.com
Wed Feb 10 04:44:04 JST 2016

Whoa! pcp_watchdog_info seems to have changed a lot in 3.5...
The documentation looks completely different than what i expected to see
I'm assuming this is the new output from 3.5:
	http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#pcp_watchdog_info

I hope that old format can still be used as I call pcp_watchdog_info in my nagios and wrapper scripts...

In 3.4.x, the node that is holding the virtual ip returns a status code of "3"
	example:
pcp_watchdog_info 10 <virtual-ip-hostname> 9898 postgres <password>
cara0 5432 9000 3
	or
pcp_watchdog_info 10 <virtual-ip-hostname> 9898 postgres <password> 0
cara1 5432 9000 2

The result is in the following order:

	• hostname
	• port number for pgpool-II
	• port number for watchdog
	• watchdog Status

Status is represented by a digit from [1 to 4]:

	1. watchdog is not started
	2. Standby: not holding the virtual IP
	3. Active: holding the virtual IP
	4. Down