[pgpool-general: 4387] Re: Is pgpool 2.x EOL?

Wed Feb 3 16:53:26 JST 2016

On 02.02.2016 00:03, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> i am sorry but i can't find any information about the support of the
>> different versions of pgpool.
>
> There is a discription what are the stable versions in
> http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page.
>
>   Stable versions
>
>      pgpool-II: 3.5, 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0
>      pgpoolAdmin: 3.5, 3.4, 3.3
>      pgpool-HA: 2
>
> pgpool-II 2.x (or older) was EOL and not supported anymore.
>
> There used to be pgpool (notice no "-II") has been EOL as well.

Thanks for the pointer and information. I've already started a cleanup
and update of the supported versions.

>> Judging from the news, i would asume that 3.x and newer is still
>> supported. Is this right? Is there an overview about the support like
>> in other projects?
>
> We plan to release minor versions soon and after that 3.0.x will be
> EOL.

Good to know!

>> Background of my question: i am maintainer of one of the pgpool ports
>> in FreeBSD. I want to adopt the other ports too, but of course just if
>> there is still support for them. ;)
>
> We love to support *BSD. However current active developers are not
> familiar with them. If you are willing to test pgpool-II for that
> platforms, that will be great.

Sure. Is there a test-plan to follow?

FreeBSD has - if i remind correctly - currently 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.3
and 3.4 in the portstree. This means it compiles fine and there are user
using pgpool-II :) For versions < 3.4 exists some minor patches to get
it compiled.

If you have IPv6 on your site i can also give you access to a FreeBSD
Server for testing purposes.

Greetings,
Torsten