[pgpool-general: 5187] Re: Architecture Questions

David Sisk -X (dsisk - TEKSYSTEMS INC at Cisco) dsisk at cisco.com
Wed Dec 21 04:09:49 JST 2016

I believe this is unquestionably a valid concern, but I believe there is a way to configure around it (those who know watchdog better will provide details, I’m sure). However, there’s still the problem that, having only one primary, if the corp link is down, half of the app can’t see across regions to a primary database…so you have a 50% or so outage instead of a full outage.

Again, I’d take a close look at Postgres-BDR…this is exactly the types of scenarios that it’s designed to handle.

Best of luck!

[banner2]

David Sisk
Engineer - Software