[pgpool-general: 5183] Re: Architecture Questions

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 23:27:04 JST 2016

Hi

Can you please explain a little more about your concerns of the split-brain
situation you want to avoid?

As far as I understand from the architecture diagram the proposed
deployment consists of four PostgreSQL servers (Two in each AWS
availability zone) and the Pgpool-II servers in front of each PostgreSQL.
And the Application servers can connect to any of the four available
Pgpool-II, So this seems like an active-active Pgpool-II configuration.
Which means you would not be using the floating-IP (delegate IP) with the
Pgpool-II.

So if this is correct and you are not planing to use the floating IP and
master-standby configuration of Pgpool-II, What worries you about the
split-brain?

Thanks
Best regards
Muhammad Usama