[pgpool-general: 5179] Architecture Questions

Yates, James C. -ND James.C.Yates.-ND at disney.com
Tue Dec 20 04:45:13 JST 2016

I have some questions about how best to avoid split brain situations for an upcoming deploy on AWS.  I’ve attached a diagram of the proposed layout.  I’m going to have database and application servers in two AWS regions with a internal corporate network connection between AWS regions.  My big concern is avoiding split brain between regions if my corporate network link between the regions goes down.  My question is should I have an odd number of PgPool servers in each region or more pgPool servers in one region over the other.   Right now I’m planning on running PgPool and the Postgres Database on the same servers.   Planned versions are PgPool 3.5.4 and Postgres 9.5.

See attached PDF for a diagram.