[pgpool-general: 5175] Re: Version 3.6 is missing pgpool_adm extension

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Dec 14 09:36:17 JST 2016

> Hi All,
>
> I took the latest pgpool 3.6.0.1 and noticed that it is missing pgpool_adm extension.  Can I take it from the previous version?  Is there another rmp that has it?

I think we have never included pgpool_adm in our RPMs.  So it's not a
news that 3.6.0 RPM does not have it. Anyway, there's no reason we do
not include it in the RPM. I hope next RPM release has it.

We plan to release next minor versions by the end of this month or
coming January. On the same timing new RPMs will be released as well.

> su - postgres -c 'psql pgpool -c "CREATE EXTENSION pgpool_adm WITH SCHEMA pgpool ;"'

In the mean time you can easily install pgpool_adm from the source code.

[configure the source code]
cd src/sql/pgpool_adm
make USE_PGXS=1 PG_CONFIG=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
make USE_PGXS=1 PG_CONFIG=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config install
(of course you need to tweak /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config part).