[pgpool-general: 4934] Re: Load balancing issue

Vlad Novikov xou.slackware at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 01:22:25 JST 2016

Hi Lucas,

I checked the log and found no failover entries. Here's how that happens. I
start two postgres backends (master-slave streaming replication) and
pgpool-II instance. Then I attach both of the nodes and initially all the
clients get connected to master only. I see that with ps ax | grep
postgres. After some time new clients start getting connected to the hot
standby node while older clients are still connected to master. Again, I
see that with ps ax | grep postgres. In that case both master and hot
standby have pgpool-II connected. That's what concerns me the most. If
there was a failover event, master would've been detached and there would
be no pgpool-II connections there.

Vlad