[pgpool-general: 4924] Re: black and white lists - Any functions not listed in the white_function_list are regarded as being write to database?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Aug 18 09:24:38 JST 2016

> Hi,
>
> I was unable to find if in the latest pgpool functions by default are considered to be READ or WRITE (assuming I keep the white and black lists with their default values).

To be READ.

(I assume you mean "by default", you left black_function_list and
white_function_list unchanged in the sample pgpool.conf).

> In http://pgsqlpgpool.blogspot.co.il/2010/09/pgpool-ii-30-officially-released.html.  I found the following "Any functions not listed in the white_function_list are regarded as being write to database".

This is only applied to the case when white_function_list is not empty.

>  However, I have the latest pgpool version and it seems that "select update_func1()" is sent to the slave.

Yes, in the default configuration file black_function_list is not
empty, and any function not listed in the black_function_list is
considered to be READ.