[pgpool-general: 4907] Re: failover command return new_master_id -1

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Aug 13 01:59:10 JST 2016

>> That's because you are using streaming replication while you set
>>> master_slave mode = off and switch back to replication mode = on
>
> You mean that I should reverse back to master_slave and stop
> replication in pgpool? What about replication from postgres then?

I don't know what you mean "replication from postgres". If that means
you are setting streaming replication in PostgreSQL, then you should
set master_slave_mode = on, master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream' and
replication_mode = off.

Or if you stop streaming replication in PostgreSQL, then you should
set master_slave_mode = off and replication_mode = on.