[pgpool-general: 4645] Re: pg_basebackup with streaming replication option over pgpool

Ricardo Larrañaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:55:52 JST 2016

Hey Tatsuo, thanks for the answer.

I am actually running pg_basebackup from the command line.

If i run it through pgpool (which listens in port 9999):

pg_basebackup -X stream -h myhost -p 9999 -D /var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data -U
replication -v -P

It fails with the mentioned descriptions.

If i run it to port 5432 (where postgresql backend listens) It works.

That is the reason i posted question in this list, i only seem to be having
this issue when going through pgpool.

Any pointers on how to troubleshoot the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Regards