[pgpool-general: 4644] Re: pg_basebackup with streaming replication option over pgpool

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Tue Apr 19 10:27:43 JST 2016

I assume you invoke pg_basebackup from recovery_1st_stage_command.

If pg_basebackup succeeds when you invoke it by hand, there's possibility that:

- the difference between process owner. recovery_1st_stage_command is
  executed by the same owner as pgpool.

- wrong parameter passed to pg_basebackup. You can log the parameters
  for pg_basebackup by tweaking recovery_1st_stage_command.