[pgpool-general: 4623] md5 authentication with pgpool

Daniel Gallo danielito.gallo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:29:56 JST 2016

Dear I'm trying to run the following and I get the following error and I
can not figure out what the problem is , I could help ?

Any information that need be notified me and sent them

Thanks a lots!!!!!

-bash-4.2$ psql -h localhost -U postgres -p 5432

psql (9.4.4)

Digite «help» para obtener ayuda.

postgres=#

*-bash-4.2$ psql -h localhost -U postgres -p 9999*

*psql: ERROR:  unable to read message length*

*DETALLE:  message length (12) in slot 1 does not match with slot 0(8)*

Any idea?

*pg_hba.conf*

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

local   all             all                                     md5

# IPv4 local connections:

host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5

host    all             all             0.0.0.0/0               md5

# IPv6 local connections:

# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the

# replication privilege.

local   replication     postgres                                trust

host    replication     replication        0.0.0.0/0            trust

#host    replication     postgres        ::1/128                 trust

-rwxrw-r--. 1 apache apache 33283 abr  1 15:49 pgpool.conf

*pgpool.conf*

# - Authentication -

enable_pool_hba = on

                                   # Use pool_hba.conf for client
authentication

pool_passwd = 'pool_passwd'

                                   # File name of pool_passwd for md5
authentication.

                                   # "" disables pool_passwd.

                                   # (change requires restart)

authentication_timeout = 60

                                   # Delay in seconds to complete client
authentication

                                   # 0 means no timeout.

-rw-r--r--. 1 apache root      42 feb 29 18:28 pool_passwd

postgres:5c0435eee0f211f150e980e459151xxx

-rwxrw-r--. 1 root   root    3295 mar  3 18:19 pool_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               md5

# IPv4 local connections:

host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

host    all         all         0.0.0.0/0             md5

#host    all         all         ::1/128               trust