[pgpool-general: 4613] initial setup help
cs_dba at consistentstate.com
Tue Apr 5 05:34:48 JST 2016
I've setup a simple pg pool install:
1) installed postgresql95 postgresql95-server and postgresql95-contrib
via the yum repo file found at yum.postgresql.org (centOS 6 x86_64)
2) setup 2 nodes (VM's) with postgres 9.5 as a master/slave (streaming
replication and verified replication is working
3) installed pgpool on a 3rd VM:
yum install pgpool-II-95-extensions pgpoolAdmin pgpool-II-95
4) configured a basic pgpool.conf file based on a copy of
pgpool.conf.sample-stream (in /etc/pgpool-II-95)
5) setup a basic pool_passwd file using the hash for the postgres user's
6) setup a basic pcp.conf file with the same postgres user's password hash
7) was able to connect via psql -p 9999 -h localhost (on the pgpool VM
8) enabled the heartbeat in the pgpool.conf file but did not setup
failover / failback commands
9) stopped the postgresql master db
10) my connection to pgpool (step 7 above) printed this:
/server closed the connection unexpectedly//
// This probably means the server terminated abnormally//
// before or while processing the request.//
//The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded./
11) restarted the backend master
Now I can connect to pgpool (as in step 7 above) but I always connect to
the slave. How can I tell pgpool to return to connecting to the master?
Running a pcp_node_count shows 2 but I suspect I'm skipping a 'failback'
step of some kind.
thanks in advance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pgpool-general