[pgpool-general: 4070] Re: find_primary_node: not in streaming replication mode

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Sep 16 10:13:52 JST 2015

> Dear Tatsuo,
>
> I have configured pgpool according to following document.
>
> http://www.keyup.eu/en/blog/89-replication-and-load-balancing-with-postgresql-and-pgpool2
>
> But there log file it is saying that "find_primary_node: not in streaming
> replication mode"
>
> I am using pgpool-II-3.4.3 and PostgreSQL 9.3.9 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.
>
> Please also give me a guidance how to test pgpool is working properly.
>
> pgpool-II log,  pgpool.conf and PostgreSQL log is attached with the mail.

I did not write the blog and I am not in the position of speaking for it.
It's best you directly contact to the author of the blog.

Anyway, my guess is you do not set:

master_slave_mode = on
master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream'

See the manual for more details.  This is just a guess because you did
not attach pgpool.conf, though.