[pgpool-general: 4058] Re: Unable to configure replication with pgpool.

Giles Gomes giles.gomes at retailephant.com
Sun Sep 13 19:18:44 JST 2015

Hi Tatsuo,

Thanks for your quick response. I was trying to configure replication with
pgpool II between three VM.
1. Pgpool Server. where pgpool-II-3.4.3 is installed .I wish to install
Pgpool Admin here also.
2. Primary Server, where  PostgreSQL 9.3.9 is installed.
3. Standby Server, where  PostgreSQL 9.3.9 is installed.

The main problem is I didn't get any complete document where all the
necessary steps are described. Last time I was following the document below.

http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/

Here they told to run a script named install-functions.sh

But following errors are showing while running it.
postgres at osspc16:/home/vagrant$ ./install-functions.sh
Makefile:19: /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk: No
such fil
                     e or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles
                                                           /pgxs.mk'.  Stop.
Makefile:19: /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk: No
such fil
                     e or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles
                                                           /pgxs.mk'.  Stop.
Password:
pgpool-recovery.sql: No such file or directory
Password:
pgpool-recovery.sql: No such file or directory
Makefile:19: /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk: No
such fil
                     e or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles
                                                           /pgxs.mk'.  Stop.
Makefile:19: /usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk: No
such fil
                     e or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles
                                                           /pgxs.mk'.  Stop.
Password:
pgpool-regclass.sql: No such file or directory
Password:
pgpool-regclass.sql: No such file or directory

They have told to run a script named basebackup.sh
<http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.3/basebackup.sh>

But following errors are showing.
postgres at osspc17:/home/vagrant$ ./basebackup.sh
 pg_start_backup
-----------------
 0/A000028
(1 row)

ssh: Could not resolve hostname : No address associated with hostname
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226)
[sender=3.1.0]
ssh: Could not resolve hostname mkdir: Name or service not known
ssh: Could not resolve hostname chmod: Name or service not known
ssh: Could not resolve hostname rm: Name or service not known
cp: cannot create regular file ‘:/recovery.conf’: No such file or directory
NOTICE:  WAL archiving is not enabled; you must ensure that all required
WAL segments are copied through other means to complete the backup
 pg_stop_backup
----------------
 0/A0000F0
(1 row)

I have tried both host name and IP address at "master_node_host_name"
parameter but it is not working.

So, Information you wanted:

- pgpool-II log
Has been attached with this email.

- pgpool-II version
pgpool-II-3.4.3

- pgpool.conf
Has been attached with this email.

- PostgreSQL version
 PostgreSQL 9.3.9

- PostgreSQL log
Has been attached with this email from both primary and standby server.

I am trying to configure this on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.

Best regards,
Giles Cornelius Gomes
DBA
Impel IT Solutions Ltd.