[pgpool-general: 4039] MD5 authentication

Thomas SIMON tsimon at neteven.com
Wed Sep 9 00:11:34 JST 2015

Hi all,

I'm using pgpool in master/slave mode, with passwords stored in pool_passwd.
Postgres and pgpool are on the same host.

I'm trying to configure md5 access to my pgpool instance, with following
configuration in pg_hba.conf

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32 trust

And this configuuration in pool_pba.conf

host    all         all         my_ip/32     md5

When i'm connecting with " psql -p 9999 -h my_ip db -U user" ; with any
user, pgpool never asks me a password, and i'm directly logged in.
Can anyone knows why pgpool does not asks me for password ?

Thanks,

--

Thomas