[pgpool-general: 4036] Re: How to get pgpool to start up automatically after reboot

Nozomi Anzai anzai at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Sep 4 17:23:04 JST 2015

Hi,

Could you tell us which version of pgpool-II and which OS and version
you use? How did you install pgpool-II, by compling souce codes or by RPM?

In RHEL/CentOS, you can use src/redhat/pgpool.init in souce codes.
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/redhat/pgpool.init;hb=HEAD

If you start / stop pgpool-II manually via pgpoolAdmin, the process user
must be Apache's user. So you should edit pgpool.init.

-) PGPOOLUSER=postgres
+) PGPOOLUSER=<Apache's user>

> Hi,
>
> Firstly, I was wondering what the recommendation is with starting up pgpool. Should it only be started via pgpoolAdmin or can it start up automatically after a reboot of the Linux box?
>
> Secondly, how to configure pgpool to start up automatically so that it works like a manual start up via pgpoolAdmin?
>
> When I type "service pgpool start" from root, it throws a fatal error: has_setuid_bit: command 'ifconfig' not found.
>
> Kind regards,
> Derek.

Nozomi Anzai