[pgpool-general: 4032] Fwd: Nodes not detatched

Mephysto mephystoonhell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:06:27 JST 2015

Hi there,
I configured a pgpool with three node in Load Balance + Connection Pooling
+ Master Salve modes, so I have node 0 as master and node 1 and 2 as slaves.

I had a problem with both slaves (no disk space left on servers) and pgpool
stopped to accept connections with this error:

psql -p 9999 -h /tmp
Password:
psql: ERROR:  unable to read message kind
DETAIL:  kind does not match between master(53) slot[1] (4e)

However, slaves was continuing to accept connections, but was returning
some worning:

psql -p 5997 -h 10.0.0.3
Password:
WARNING:  could not create relation-cache initialization file
"global/pg_internal.init.19889": No space left on device
DETAIL:  Continuing anyway, but there's something wrong.
WARNING:  could not create relation-cache initialization file
"base/12150/pg_internal.init.19889": No space left on device
DETAIL:  Continuing anyway, but there's something wrong.
psql (9.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

In this situation I was expected pgpool can detach both slave nodes and can
continue to work with only master node, instead described situation has
occurred.

Now the question is: can pgpool detach automatically slave nodes that go in
a wrong state? Or is use of pcp_detach command the only way to obtain my
desiderata?

Thanks in advance.

Mephysto