[pgpool-general: 4142] Re: Stuck connections in 4.3.4 RPM

Piotr Dydycz piotr at dydycz.com
Sat Oct 24 18:38:29 JST 2015

Thanks.

I took a look at the patch
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=04a288318951869587f74e808b243115dfcb2652
again and for my understanding it seems that issue will not be preset
if I set connection_cache = false in pgpool.conf.

In backend_cleanup routine If pool_config->connection_cache returns 0
local variable bool cache_connection will be false then this code

if (cache_connection == false)
    {
                pool_send_frontend_exits(backend);
        if(sp)
            pool_discard_cp(sp->user, sp->database, sp->major);
    }

will be executed and I believe this is what this patch essentially
does (force not to  cache connection).

If fact I'm not using connection cache as I have:
num_init_children = 250
max_pool = 1

Could you please validate my reasoning above?

Regards,
PD