[pgpool-general: 4220] pcp_node_info report the wrong status

Ziyun Audrey Wang ziyun.wang at ericsson.com
Tue Nov 17 22:56:15 JST 2015

Hello

We have
# pgpool -version
pgpool-II version 3.4.2 (tataraboshi)

Running on redhad6.6

We have set up 2 pgpools with 4 DBs. (one master and 3 slave)
Both pgpool nodes connect to 4 DB nodes.

While we perform the failover testing as following:

Shutdown one pgpool, one of the slave and master.

When the other pgpool supposed to detect the master server is down, and trigger the failver, but it didn't. from the pcp_node_info, it reports the status of the nodes is 2 when both nodes are down for more than 5 minutes.

Below are the config parameters values we have set for the health check.

health_check_period = 60
health_check_timeout = 10
health_check_max_retries = 4
health_check_retry_delay = 2
connect_timeout = 3000

Could you please help where we should look into to trouble shooting this issue?
Thanks for the help!

Best Regards
Audrey