[pgpool-general: 4177] documentation bug?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Nov 10 05:35:33 JST 2015

Hi everyone,

I think we might have a documentation bug.

As I understand the 'flow chart'[1], the following SELECT will not be
Load Balanced:

     START TRANSACTION
        SELECT * FROM my_table ...
     COMMIT;

The documentation states[2] when the JDBC driver's 'autocommit' option is
set to FALSE, it wraps all queries around a 'BEGIN' and 'COMMIT' and
thus they will not be Load Balanced.

I believe the documentation should read TRUE, not FALSE.

In Googling around[3], it seems when the JDBC driver's 'autocommit'
option is set to TRUE (not FALSE) is when each SQL is an implicit
transaction.