[pgpool-general: 3738] deprecation of 'parallel query' feature

Wim Nederend wim.nederend at and.com
Thu May 21 17:49:51 JST 2015

Hi,

Recently I read http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html

There I read that the 'parallel query' feature will not be supported anymore in the future.

I would appreciate reconsidering this decision, because I'm using the feature in my projects.

I use it to have a geographical data base, partioned across a number (about 10) of database hosts.

The data is accessed through python psycopg2.
Some queries are done through the pgpool instance (some global searches and the final exports).

Most operations (import, manipulations) however are done through connections directly to the backend hosts.
So I don't mind whether performance through pgpool is not very high.

I would appreciate the parallel query is still available in future versions.

Regards, Wim Nederend