[pgpool-general: 3724] delegate ip lost

Janusz Borkowski janusz.borkowski at infobright.com
Tue May 19 17:35:43 JST 2015

Hi!

I wonder how to deal with such a situation:

1.
a node X runs an Active watchdog and has the delegate IP assigned. Network goes down physically (or the network cable is unplugged) for a while. The interface gets down when there is no eth signal.

2.
A standby watchdog at node Y detects it and makes itself Active bringing up the delegate IP.

3.
The interface at node X is up after the network is up (cable is plugged) again.

4.
The watchdog at X considers itself to be Active all the time. Unfortunately, its delegate IP is lost - it is not restored when the interface gets up again.

5.
The watchdog at Y is active as well and has the delegate IP.

6.
We have 2 watchdogs thinking they are Active, while only one has the delegate IP.

7.
When node Y goes down, watchdog at X considers itself to be Active all the time, so it does not need to do anything. But it does not have the delegate IP anymore

Any clue ? It seems a manual pgpool restart at node X after step 4. is required...

Cheers!

JanuszB