[pgpool-general: 3712] Best way to restore databases from standalone server to pgpool

José Renato Castro Milanez jrcmilanez at unifei.edu.br
Thu May 14 10:11:50 JST 2015

Hello friends, how are you?

My pgpool enviroment is composed of one dedicated machine for pgpool and two postgresql backend nodes (replication mode with load balance and memory query cache):

Pgpool server configuration: 32 GB RAM, 2 x Xeon E5-2420, 4 HD SATA 500 GB RAID 10, CentOS 7 x64

Postgresql backends configuration: 288 GB RAM, 2 x Xeon E5630, 6 HD SAS 146 GB RAID 10, CentOS 7 x64

The main idea is to migrate some databases from various standalone servers to this pgpool enviroment, just to
have better management, performance and HA. The total amount of databases probabily will be less than 30 databases.

Pgpool is configured with the pgpool_regclass, insert_lock table and pgpool_recovery for the template1.
So, when create a new database on pgpool, these functions are created automatically for the new database. That´s ok!

The second step is to restore the databases from the standalone servers to my pgpool enviroment. I noticed when restoring
a pg_dumpall dump from the standalone servers, I just lost the pgpool_regclass, insert_lock table and pgpool_recovery for the template1, and it´s clear to me what happened.

So, what´s the best way to produce dumps from the standalone servers and import them at my pgpool enviroment?

Thanks!

M.Sc. José Renato Castro Milanez
Analista de Tecnologia da Informação/TI Analist
Diretoria de Suporte a Informática/Computer Support Direction
Universidade Federal de Itajubá/Federal University of Itajubá
Itajubá - Minas Gerais - Brasil
Telefone/Phone (55) (35) 3629-1643
E-mail jrcmilanez at unifei.edu.br - Skype jrcmilanez