[pgpool-general: 3683] Watchdog/HA pgpool with external load balancer or similar

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue May 5 07:23:13 JST 2015

Hi,

The watchdog examples all seem to expect that ppgool itself can control
the ip to host allocation. While this works fine in my test setup, we
are looking at deploying this in a more cloud-like environment where
pgpool (and for that matter the hosts too) *cannot* change their own
networking (in fact they may not even know their world accessible ips).

Another type of config we are looking at is where an external load
balancer controls the redirection to the pgpool hosts.

So is it possible to setup a watchdog type arrangement, but with
*something else* (as above) controlling the ip allocation?

Cheers

Mark