[pgpool-general: 3678] How to terminate pgpool process ?

Raghav ragavendra.dba at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:31:10 JST 2015

Hi Team,

Am using pgpool version 3.3.3 with load-balancing feature.

My question is, during month end, users are executing long running queries
via pgpool and those queries are running on Slave node(which is good).
Sometimes we
get request from same user to stop those queries, in such cases we cannot
stop those queries using pg_cancel_backend() and we are forced to terminate
those
those session using pg_termiante_backend. But this is also not recommended
because
as per doc's pg_terminate_backend is not honoured by pgpool.

We also noticed on terminating pgpool session using pg_terminate_backend
pgpool
becomes unresponsive and there will change in status_node as below.

node_id |    hostname    | port | status | lb_weight |  role
0       | 192.168.20.103 | 5444 | 3      | 0.500000  | standby
1       | 192.168.20.104 | 5444 | 2      | 0.500000  | standby

So,my question here, is there a way to terminate the pgpool processes ?

--
Regards
Raghav