[pgpool-general: 3536] Re: Amazon EC2 Load Balancer health check kills pgPool node

Scott Rankin srankin at motus.com
Tue Mar 17 20:37:18 JST 2015

Interesting.  At our other data center (not EC2) we get the read_startup_packet error with our load balancer health check.  But with EC2 we get the “unable to read data” and the child process shutdown.

Also we’re using 3.4.1 – I wonder if the behavior is the same with 3.3.1.  I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks all,
Scott