[pgpool-general: 3836] Re: Configuration / Out of Memory / no connection more from connections pool.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sun Jun 28 12:30:04 JST 2015

Sounds like you don't have enough resource for the configuration.
Assuming your pgpool and PostgreSQL lives on a same server, 500
num_init_children * 4 max_pool * 256MB maintenance_work_mem = 512000MB
= 500GB.  Plus you need 500 pgpool process memory. That heavily
depends on OS, but my experience with Ubuntu showed that 888MB for 32
pgpool process (num_init_children). That suggests 13GB of memory.

How much memory and swap space do you have on the server?