[pgpool-general: 3824] Database Down and cannot create database

Luca Ambrosini luca_ambro94 at hotmail.it
Sat Jun 20 03:27:20 JST 2015

Hi everyone,
As i wrote in this mailing list last week i’m working on a replication project for GSOC.
I have some problems and i hope that someone can help me in debugging.
i installed pgpool and postgres on the main node, then i installed postgres and pgpool functions on replication nodes.
- The attached screen is from pgpool admin , i have 3 nodes, under status “ UP. Connected postgres: down”
Why is says that is down ? What i have to do ?

- When i try to create database i have this error :
 command typed : createdb -p 9999 bench_replication
createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
	connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.9999”?
I cannot how it works . The only service running on port 9999 is pgpool on the same machine and he is think it’s successfully listening with unix socket.
i tried with created -h 172.16.16.103 bench_replication and i succeed in creating the db under the replicate node.

Thank everyone