[pgpool-general: 3808] [GSOC] istSos : shmem_exit(1) at pgpool start

Luca Ambrosini luca_ambro94 at hotmail.it
Mon Jun 15 20:28:46 JST 2015

Hi Everyone,

My name is Luca Ambrosini, this summer i take part in Google Summer Of Code.
I work for istSos (https://geoservice.ist.supsi.ch/projects/istsos/index.php/Welcome_to_istSOS_project <https://geoservice.ist.supsi.ch/projects/istsos/index.php/Welcome_to_istSOS_project>) and i have to migrate database from normal postgresql to postgresql + pgpool . It’s the first time i use psql and pgpool ,i’m a newbie, i think that i will often write here,I apologize if my questions are trivial.
I’m working with ubuntu 14.04 LTS , i installed pgpool from repository and i got pgpool 3.3.4, then i installed pgpoolAdmin and i configured a couple of backendnode in config files. But when i try to start pgpool this happens : shmem_exit(1);

These are my log and my pgpool.conf file

I’m stuck on this problem since days, any kind of help is appreciated.

Thank you everyone for reading.

If someone would like to help me directly my Skype is : ambros1994

Luca