[pgpool-general: 3798] Re: Upgrading pgpool on Linux

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Jun 11 16:52:51 JST 2015

> When upgrading pgpool or pgpoolAdmin on Linux, is it just a matter of stopping the service and run yum and then starting it again? Or would I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Regarding pgpool-II:

pgpool-II follows the same version policy as PostgreSQL. If the
version up is a minor one (e.g. 3.4.0 -> 3.4.1), then yes, just
stop/install/start.

For major version up, that's depending on the version. You should
carefully read the release note.

Regarding pgpoolAdmin:

It is backward compatible (at least for now). You just
logout/install/login the web UI.