[pgpool-general: 3785] Re: Reg Connections limit pgpool can handle.

Alex Toth atoth at gravity.com
Fri Jun 5 00:01:02 JST 2015

There's an important distinction between Pgpool and Pgbouncer in your
example.  Pgpool is aware of the difference between reads and writes and
can route the requests to the correct backend, while Pgbouncer is not.
Pgpool can also handle failover/master failure if you configure it to do so
and Pgbouncer can't.

As far as scale, I think the issue for both is how much memory (and, to a
lesser extent, CPU) you can dedicate to the pool.  Both are going to create
processes to handle connections, so the more connections the more
processes/memory you'll use.

  alex

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Gurunadh Venkata <gurunadh.venkata at gmail.com