[pgpool-general: 3903] Re: pgpool doesn't see the new master on failover

Maksym Filenko maksym.filenko at kreditech.com
Thu Jul 30 21:51:22 JST 2015

Hey Muhammad,

thank you for your prompt reply!

Any ideas how could it happen? I've got following in my pgpool.conf:

backend_hostname0 = 'db1.tx.dev.mydomain'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 1
backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main'
backend_flag0 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'

backend_hostname1 = 'db2.tx.dev.mydomain'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 1
backend_data_directory1 = '/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main'
backend_flag1 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'

fail_over_on_backend_error = on

Name: db1.tx.dev.mydomain
Address: 10.200.12.33

Name: db2.tx.dev.mydomain
Address: 10.200.12.34

Could you also please point a line from logs which leads you to this
conclusion?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Max