[pgpool-general: 3892] Re: Ref failover issues in pgpool-II 3.3.6

EDB Ashish Nauriyal ashish.nauriyal at enterprisedb.com
Fri Jul 24 17:02:38 JST 2015

All,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Gurunadh Venkata <
gurunadh.venkata at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> I have two postgres 9.4  servers with streaming replication configured
> between them.
>
> When i am trying to configure the pgpool for load balancing,
> watchdog(heartbeat) & failover i am facing errors.

For the information of Mailing-list here, had a discussion and
remote-session with OP for configuring and performing Load-Balancing
(10:90), pgpool fail-over and database fail-over with Master and a Standby
configuration (all performed smoothly).

> I have configured the pgpool in two instances on the same in which
> postgres streaming replication is running already.
>
> I am facing the following errors like:
>
> ERROR: pid 5195: bind(0.0.0.0:distinct) failed. reason: Address already
> in use
> 2015-07-23 12:25:24 ERROR: pid 5195: unlink(/tmp/.s.PGSQL.9898) failed: No
> such file or directory
>

> and also to perform failover when i try to stop the database services in
> primary postgres all of pgpool service in two instances are shutting down

We did not observe above issues as of now.

> can you please try to sort of my issue.
>
> Please find the attachments for pgpool.conf in two instances and
> failover.sh in two instances.
>
> My concern are do we need to enable failover_command in two pgpool.conf
> files
>

> when i am running the failover.sh script manually in secondary it is
> running with out any issues.
>
> If you want any reply please reply on the same
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> G V Gurunadh.

-- Regards,
Ashish Nauriyal