[pgpool-general: 3891] Ref failover issues in pgpool-II 3.3.6

Gurunadh Venkata gurunadh.venkata at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:57:40 JST 2015

Dear group,

I have two postgres 9.4  servers with streaming replication configured
between them.

When i am trying to configure the pgpool for load balancing,
watchdog(heartbeat) & failover i am facing errors.

I have configured the pgpool in two instances on the same in which postgres
streaming replication is running already.

I am facing the following errors like:

ERROR: pid 5195: bind(0.0.0.0:distinct) failed. reason: Address already in
use
2015-07-23 12:25:24 ERROR: pid 5195: unlink(/tmp/.s.PGSQL.9898) failed: No
such file or directory

and also to perform failover when i try to stop the database services in
primary postgres all of pgpool service in two instances are shutting down

can you please try to sort of my issue.

Please find the attachments for pgpool.conf in two instances and
failover.sh in two instances.

My concern are do we need to enable failover_command in two pgpool.conf
files

when i am running the failover.sh script manually in secondary it is
running with out any issues.

If you want any reply please reply on the same

Thanks & Regards,
G V Gurunadh.