[pgpool-general: 3419] Promote not working and Slaves dont recognize the master has failed

Robert Kennedy robert at uwiniwin.co.za
Tue Jan 13 22:22:42 JST 2015

Hi Guys

(version pgpool-II-pg93-3.4.0-3pgdg.rhel6.x86_64.rpm)

I've seen some chat online about this from a while back, but I haven't found a solve.

I have 2 pgpool servers running streaming replication and load balancing. They connect to 3 postgres servers. 2 are virtual machines and 1 Physical machine.

I'd prefer the physical machine to be the master server. I have done test using the pcp_promote_node command, and I see that the show pool_nodes; shows the node I select as primary, however on postgres side the command SELECT pg_is_in_recovery(); show that server still in recovery.

All the pcp_promote command does, is detach master node. Which then prevents insert into the DB.

Secondly If the master fails, another server does become master, however the other slave is clueless of this and does not replicate any new data until I recover it from the new master. Recovering is a pain as it copies the whole data folder, and our data folder is growing rapidly.

Is there a work around for the above 2 problems. Also please let me know if u need more info, such as logs etc etc.

Thanks

Robert Kennedy| Software & Systems Developer|

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D02F44.C11CB4F0]

  Tel : 011 557 5729 |  Ext: 229  | Cell: 084 998 9850

Email :  robert at uwiniwin.co.za | Site: www.uwiniwin.co.za
Address : The Oval Office Park , Ground Floor Kingsmead, Meadowbrook Lane, Bryanston

[site-award-logo]

[site-aita-logo]

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D02F43.B2765C40]<https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fprofile%2Fview%3Fid%3D7202140%26locale%3Den_US%26trk%3Dtyah&region=follow_link&screen_name=sandmandavid&source=followbutton&variant=2.0>

[czxc]<http://www.facebook.com/UwinIwinIncentives>

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D02F43.B2765C40]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/uwin-iwin-incentives?trk=fc_badge>

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D02F43.B2765C40]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/uwin-iwin-incentives?trk=fc_badge>

[cid:image008.jpg at 01D02F43.B2765C40]<http://www.uwiniwin.net/>

Please consider the environment before printing this email-

The views expressed in this e-mail are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author and not those of Uwin Iwin Incentives (PTY) LTD or its management. The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this is prohibited and may be unlawful. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.