[pgpool-general: 3411] Re: v3.4.0.(3)? - memory issue and connection hangs

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Jan 7 11:45:22 JST 2015

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 01/06/2015 09:22 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Strange. Today I have committed my patch to 3.4 stable tree:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=0eaf2762c7ed8122f2237c838f3650545105a940
>
> I'm sure the patch did not exist until today.

Hi Tatsuo,

Perhaps I'm crazy.  As I'm not familiar with /git/ I wrote down my steps
... below is what I did ... ^~/tmp/my.patch^the-patch-you-provided^

Thank you again!

Please let me know if you need anything more for the smaller memory leak.

---8-<---8-<---8-<---8-<---8-<---8-<--

#
# Get the tree
#
git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgpool2.git

#
# Assuming the patch is in ~/tmp/my.patch
#
cd ~/src/pgpool2

#
# Fetch the latest stable release
#
git checkout V3_4_STABLE

#
# -----------------------------------------
# If need be, apply a patch
# -----------------------------------------
#

#
# If the following returns nothing, the patch
# will apply fine.
#
git apply --check ~/tmp/my.patch

#
# Apply the patch - silence is golden (nothing printed
# when successful)
#
git apply ~/tmp/my.patch

--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com