[pgpool-general: 3485] Re: pgpool for master-slave streaming replication in stream mode for HA , Load balancing and Replication.

Alex Toth atoth at gravity.com
Thu Feb 26 03:34:32 JST 2015

Hi Gurunadh,

It is possible to fail over for any kind of master failure, hardware or
software.  I suggest you start with the file pgpool.conf.sample-stream
in the source code bundle because it is close to what you seem to want
to do.  Also, if you haven't looked already,
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#stream has more
information on failover with streaming replication, especially the
failover_command, which is the final piece you need.

   alex