[pgpool-general: 4273] Re: Pgpool - connection hangs in DISCARD ALL

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Dec 31 16:07:51 JST 2015

> Great to hear. BTW: Would be great if you could tag ALL releases
> (e.g. 3.4.3 is missing) and make also release branches in git. I think
> that will make development easier.

I think we have the tag for 3.4.3:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=2e7cb13706db48be0ceb3363a284823316aae0af

Also we have "stable" branches for all stable releases. As for 3.4, we
have a branch called "V3_4_STABLE". Isn't this what you want? This is
pretty similar way as PostgreSQL uses.

> It worked now for 3 days well but today I still had the same
> issue. Looks like the probability has been reduced, but not fixed in
> all cases.
[snip]
> root 1349 0.0 0.1 94248 864 ?  S 00:13 0:01 pgpool: nag hei
> 192.168.0.9(39886) DISCARD

Yeah, looks like pgpool is hanging while executing DISCARD. Assuming
you apply the fix in 3.4 stable tree, do you know how to reproduce the
problem?