[pgpool-general: 3992] Re: accept() scalability issues

Michael Renner michael.renner at amd.co.at
Thu Aug 20 22:53:20 JST 2015

> On 14 Aug 2015, at 02:25, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> Great. I'm also interested in if my patch somewhat enhances
> performance.

“Somewhat” would be the understatement of the year in our scenario:

http://imgur.com/a/EzTB3 <http://imgur.com/a/EzTB3>

Upgraded from pgpool2 3.3.6 to 3.3.7 including your semaphore patch. Switchover is clearly visible in the graphs.

If there are no adverse effects/broken features (idle timeouts?) due to your patch I highly recommend integrating it both in 3.3 and 3.4, at least as compiletime or config option

best,
Michael