[pgpool-general: 3965] Re: Archive Cleanup

Jonathan Eastgate jonathan.eastgate at simpro.co
Fri Aug 14 09:51:58 JST 2015

Hi guys.

Thanks for those replies.

Not quite what I'm questioning though so let me try and explain better.

When the server is acting as a primary - running streaming replication to a
standby - does PGpool require any of the older files in the Wal archive
directory prior to the execution of the basebackup.sh script during a
resync of the standby?

I ask this because during resync of a standby it appears the Master does
calls for base_backup - which would indicate the the slave node won't
require any Wal archives prior to that point?

Hope that makes it a little clearer?

Thanks.

*Jonathan J. Eastgate*
Chief Technology Officer | simPRO Software Group
Ph: 1300 139 467    +61 7 3147 8777

Keep up to date with simPRO at: simpro.co/blog
The contents of this email are subject to our email disclaimer
<http://simpro.com.au/legal/email-confidentiality-notice/>.