[pgpool-general: 3674] Re: pgpool connection cost

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Apr 30 16:02:32 JST 2015

> I was wondering. What resource pgpool is consuming on server. How much one
> connection basically "cost" server in terms of load and memory.

Regarding CPU load, pgpool-II does not consume too much. Most of time
is spent for network I/O. You'd better to have high speed network
connection to use pgpool-II.

Regarding memory, pgpool-II require at least about 40MB per pgpool
child.

You will need much more shared memory if you enable in memory query
cache with shared memory configuration.